Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Moving right along...

Milano, Italy

I'm sitting at a large, multi-level shopping store, that also has internet access, that looks out over the Piazza del Duomo. Dejà vu. That was wierd having dejà vu about sitting here and what I was typing. So after adjusting to the wierd French keyboards, I'm now having to RE-adjust to the more normal Italian keyboard. Next time I travel Europe I'm going to buy a laptop and bring it. From here I can't actually see the Duomo, only the masses of pigeons and tourists. I have to say that I don't like Milano. At one time, including up until yesterday, I had thought of living in Milano and modeling. However, I feel very much disconnected from this city. Tomorrow I will go north a little bit to the -hopefully- relaxing and beautiful Lake Como for a couple days to escape the madness of the city and people. I'm definately done with this place. Yesterday, when I was lost and without a map, I felt so alone like I've never felt on this trip so far. It was very unpleasant.
On another note, it's interesting to watch the square here in front of the Duomo. There are these guys that walk around with handfulls of bread crumbs or seeds to feed the pigeons. They do this so that they can put some in the hands of tourists and take pictures of them surrounded by pigeons in front of the Duomo. What's funny is that wherever these photographers go, they are followed by, or more accurately, encircled by tons of pigeons that sort of move with them. It's rather entertaining.
Back on the Milan-bashing note, this is definately not a place that anyone coming to Italy should visit. Even the Duomo and the pigeons aren't worth the trip. It's funny because I always think that I can hide my emotions pretty well -- not that I try to, sometimes I just think I'm not being very expressive -- however, apparently my emotional state of being is as clear as day. I came back to the apartment where I'm staying last night, walked in the door and I think all I said was "Buonasera," and my host, Flo, in the other room told me to come into her room and she asked what was wrong. I feel better today. That's pretty much it.

No comments: